Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Eagle pub, Cambridge

While TDY to RAF Lakenheath some colleagues and I had the chance to spend some time in Cambridge. One of the things we did was join the F-15 bros for a D-day commemoration dinner at a pub that's well-known for its pilot heritage. Among other graffiti, there's the signature of Robin Olds, perhaps the most famous fighter pilot in recent memory, on the wall. Oh, and it's also known as the place where the discovery of DNA was announced..

Also in Cambridge, one can punt! On a sunny Sunday in East Anglia I and some fellow pilots (and WSOs, let's be fair) went punting on the river Cam. It's not easy. You use a pole to push off the river bed and steer. It's better to be a passenger I learned. Cambridge, punting, drinking Pimms. It was all quite lovely. ;)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eagle_(pub)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimm's