On the way to the hospital at Landstuhl we stopped for two nights at
the spa town of Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic. This town, known
as Karlsbad (Charles' bath) in German, has been known for its spas and
hot springs for centuries.
It has several mineral springs all around town. You take a cup and
drink from these fountains and, viola!, you're cured of what ails you!
Gout? Diabetes? No problem! Amazing, right? I tried some. Jill
opted out. The jury's out.. It just tastes mineraly and kind of
salty. And it's pretty warm. That's about all I say definitively.
No comment on its efficacy. I don't think the FDA has approved it
yet..
What I, Jill, and JR will recommend, however, is the wafers made from
this mineral water. They're tasty!
There are lots of nice hotels and spas around town. One of the
hotels, the Grand Hotel Pupp, was featured in the James Bond movie
"Casino Royale".
Oh, and there are lots of Russians in Karlovy Vary. Maybe they like Bond films?